Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Maxine Cartoons About Days Of The Week

MONO (MONKEY BREAD)

This delicious bread I've taken the blog of a person that I have great admiration, I love your blog, apart from the delicious recipes that gives us, is a so warm and friendly atmosphere in which you feel so comfortable, I mean dear Blog Pilar of La Cocina de Lechuza, when you prepare at first I thought my husband would not like a lot, and he is not eating things very sweet and big mistake, I loved it, saw nothing coming and going to take the little balls, I really enjoy it all at home a lot this delicious, thank you Pilar is a very rich recipe, I prepared for Christmas Eve.

Here the link to your delicious recipe with excellent step by step.

I changed two things and was the amount of liquid that my batter was too runny me if you have added all the liquid, I guess that's the type of flour you use, but unfortunately in Mexico there is a great variety to choice is one or one and as I always use dry yeast and the day was very cold the increase a little of which should normally lead to better raise the dough.
BREAD


MONO (MONKEY BREAD)

Ingredients: 400 grs

.
flour 1 1 / 2 teaspoon salt 250 mls

warm milk 30 mls.
warm water 2 tablespoons sugar
100 grs. melted butter and cold
20 grs. dry yeast

For the batter:

100 grs. brown sugar (muscovado)
150 grs.
white sugar 80 grs. melted butter and 1 teaspoon cold
cinnamon
2 tablespoons chopped pecans (give it a delicious taste can put more)

For the glaze (I did not put)


2 tablespoons milk 150 gm. icing sugar


Preparation:

This dough is so pretty you do not need it in a blender or any other machine is very fast. In a bowl

going to mix milk and water (warm) and add the yeast, move to dissolve and let stand for several minutes. Apart

bolw formed by the flour, salt and sugar a volcano, and put the center of liquid yeast mixture and melted butter, and begin to integrate little by little when the dough takes a bit of consistency we had to our desk and continue kneading until dough is firm and our this smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.

When you have consistency we will leave in a bowl greased and covered our left in a place away from drafts, until doubled in volume.

After the standing time we get the mass of the fret and put it on the desk and stretch it with your hands just helping us, is so soft that problem will not extend it, not crush it too and we cut into unequal portions.

We take bits and form small balls of different sizes, we are passing the ball in the melted butter and fry the batter ingredients. Let's mix

brown sugar (muscovado), white and cinnamon and with this mixture that we wallowing sugar are well covered.

The we putting in a well-greased ring mold with butter (I used one with antihadherente to prevent accidents and will stick).

Between each layer of balls are going to sprinkle some chopped walnuts and continue with another layer of balls, when we're done if we are left with cinnamon sugar mixture sprinkled on top.

Cover with plastic wrap and let it sit again to double volume.

Over time we rest in the oven, I bake at 180 degrees Celsius for 40 minutes. Pilar

advises us that if we see that it is browning too quickly cover ourselves as a sheet of aluminum foil, in my case it was necessary to stay perfect.

Cool slightly before removing from pan, not much else that will stick a little mold in the amount of sugar.

here when you remove it, my husband said I looked better on the other side so I turned around, you think?


The frosting I do not know what I have, because as I said my husband is not very sweet things and leave that way, but also should give a rich flavor.

If you want to prepare only have to mix the powdered sugar with milk and coat the bread. Pilar really

that this bread is delicious and not just at Christmas I think about the preparation, this is a bread that I assure will be followed on my table, thanks for sharing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment